Tuesday

Put to the test

Have you ever wondered if you're on the "right track"? How different would your life be now had you chosen to take a sharp left rather than the wide right turn? Would you have been better off? I've always believed that everything happens for a reason. And that He has a plan for each and every one of us. How do we know if we're responsible for those times of hardship and despair? Was it due to a poor decision we made along the way or is it simply the next chapter in the plan? Are we responsible only for how we deal with the situation? How many of us turn to Him for guidance, wisdom and strength?

So many questions, I know. But, these are honestly the questions I've been asking myself nearly every day for the past few months. Sleepless nights due to numbers running through my head--payment amounts, current balances and due dates. Waking up with that heavy weight on my shoulders each morning has been extremely taxing on my normally positive outlook. How do I see past all the worry and maintain my optimism? It's frightening to think how much worse this can get for all of us. There was one thing that actually raised my eyebrows in shock today...no, it wasn't the Dow’s 151-point increase; it was the sign that read, 'Unleaded $1.68/gal with a carwash'. Honestly, when was the last time you saw that? Figures...after I had John fill up the tank when it was $2.01/gal. Just my luck! Well, the future is unforeseen territory.... only He knows what's in store for each and every one of us. Now more than ever, I need to put my faith in Him and trust that He will see us through.

No comments: